About

Monday 25 November 2019

Narrative Essay about My Horror Experience

Narrative Essay 

A Black Tall Man

By : Desak Anugrah Dwi Kusuma
      There were many scary events that I have ever experienced in this life. Once, I went to my neighbour’s house, then a vicious dog chased me like it had a rabies symptom. Another scary thing, I saw a horrific accident in the big road which the victim’s head broke into half.  I also experienced a big black spider came toward my face when I was sleeping—that was gross. Although, there are many untold stories which I can not write down all here, I am so excited to tell one of my unforgetable horror story which is still dreadfully frightening my mind.

     I had a creepy experience when I returned home after joining AKM (Ajang Kreativitas Mahasiswa) 2019 activities in campus. It was a cloudy cold night while the clock on my phone was striking at one forty-five. I had to pass a quite and dark road along the way back. I also had to ride my motorcycle into a narrow alley next to Yeh Taluh river to return home. I did it with no fear and hoped anything could run well. But, something wrong happened in the halfway through. When I arrived to that alley, I smelled weird fragrance like a mixture of sandalwood and frangipani. “Why do I smell this pungent odor ? There are no frangipani and sandalwood trees surrounding the road” I thought. I pretended to act careless and I continued the ride. But, the further I got, the more goosebumps I felt.


Picture 1.1 Passing the dark road
(https://tenor.com/view/dark-road-scary-creepy-road-gif-14071125)
Once in a while, I turned my sight to the left and right. How surprised I was when I slightly saw a rather mysterious black tall man at my neighbour’s backyard. I assumed ‘it’ was a man because of the glympse of his body posture. I did not see his face clearly, he was tall and black like a silhouete. His head did not face me, he just faced straight ahead. He stood firmly between banana and mango trees with folded arms across his chest. “Who the hell is he? Is he a stalker?” I mumbled. After passing my neighbour’s backyard, I arrived home rapidly and kept that questions in my head until the morning was coming.


Picture 1.3 A black tall man depiction.
(giphy.com/gifs/slender-man-slenderman-gif-wADEPDszchHB6)
        The day after,  I wanted to seek the answer of those enigma. I chatted my neigbour to release my curiosity. “Good morning, may I ask you something?” I asked. “For pleasure. What is it ?” she replied. “Do you have siblings or kinsman who love to stay late and stand in your backyard?” I asked. “Of course not. I live here just with my husband and my father-in-law. What happened last night ?” she asked me back. “Nothing. I just wanted to ask you. Chill out.” I answered her pretending that nothing happened. I was shocked and silently endured from fear. I admitted that I was very scared till I scarcely breathed and stoned like a statue. I did not find the answer, but a stubborn puzzle with creepy sauce.

      I never really believed a supernatural entity before, until I saw it before my eyes.  After a long research and contemplation, I found that it was a supernatural entity called ‘Gede Selem’ according to Balinese faith. It was a matter that should not be asked furthermore. I had nothing to do with it. But, I had a difficulty to forget this experience. Everytime I passed the alley toward my house, I felt uncomfortable and scared. I always prayed to God or even rang the bell of my motorcycle for three times in order to avoid an unconditional meeting with supernatural entity. So, in essence, this experience was indeed the creepiest embodiment of nightmare that peered me day after day forever.    




Postscript : 
This essay was made by using mind map technique. 
I will show you the mind map below. 





0 komentar:

Post a Comment